Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ice storm


We had some wicked interesting storms this winter with lots of sun and snow, which I prefer to cloudy, grey or wet cold.

There was one particularly nasty ice storm though that quite literally knocked me on my ass a time or two. It was a little scary, but I'm fine, and learning that my balance is not what it once was. It's hard though, not to appreciate how glassine and unreal the world looks encased in ice. It makes me wonder what the last ice age was like, and if the first decade or so, you could still see trees and blades of grass under the encroaching glacial ice, struggling to hold on for spring.

Our place is pretty toasty, the cats declared a temporary truce to snuggle up together near the vents, and Mr. Holt and I made some rather large pots of rather hearty soups. I'm holding on for spring though.

No comments:

Post a Comment