Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Topic of Topiaries

Recently Mr. Holt, myself and a friend visited the local Topiary Park. It's a reimagining of Seurat's famous pointalism painting "A Sunday Afternoon on the Isle of La Grande Jatte" in shrubbery.


While the topiaries were not fully grown in this summer, I have to admit I was impressed. The tiny leaves and shoots of the shrubs actually does a good job of bringing the softness of the painting to life.

Photo from the Topiary Park website- my wide shot didn't come out this well.

These guys are my favorites. Plants hugging plants.


And the bustle on this one just kills me. A bushy bustle.

And people think there's nothing to see in the midwest!

There were also ducklings, which worries me. It's nigh on migration time around here, and those little guys seem too small to make a trip to Florida for winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment